idpaas - Re: IdPaas WG call today at 1pm ET

Subject: IdP as a Service Working Group

Re: IdPaas WG call today at 1pm ET

  • From: Dedra Chamberlin <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: IdPaas WG call today at 1pm ET
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 10:21:06 -0700

Hi everyone,

On our last call, we talked about how we might evaluate different current IdPaaS offerings, especially as related to requirements that federations care about.

I mentioned we did a similar exercise on the REFEDS IdPoLR workgroup, and I thought reviewing their framework might be useful.

Here is link to the workgroup wiki page:

And here is a link to the Google sheet "self-assessment" tool, that lists requirements and vendor responses:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U1A8kfpumGnFydPNVuBnf2dZD4XJzwEwp6Yfq2-3PHs/edit#gid=0

Also, at the end of the last call, Tomás brought up the question of organizations that actually need more than a federated IdPaaS, but a service that manages the user account (username and password). I think for those use cases, it sounds like the organization is really looking for an IdP of Last Resort, and maybe that's the perfect tie in to the IdPoLR workgroup.

- Dedra

 Dedra Chamberlin
 CEO
 m: 510.710.1554