attributes - Re: Consultation for Attributes WG Recommendations

Subject: Attributes for Collaboration and Federation Working Group

Re: Consultation for Attributes WG Recommendations

  • From: "Christ, Bradley" <>
  • To: Emily Eisbruch <>, "" <>
  • Cc: David Walker <>, Dean Woodbeck <>
  • Subject: Re: Consultation for Attributes WG Recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 22:11:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi Emily,

How about this for background?

The InCommon federation has three standing committees that help guide federation operations and activities:  The Steering Committee, The Technical Advisory Committee, and the Assurance Advisory Committee. Sponsored by all three of those committees, the Attributes for Collaboration and Federation Working Group was formed to research and examine the low adoption rate of the Research and Scholarship Entity Category (R&S) by InCommon members and develop recommendations to increase participation.

Through surveys and interviews, the Attributes for Collaboration and Federation Working Group reached over 130 organizations, examining participation and planned participation in R&S. As a result of this process, the Working Group has drafted a report of its findings and developed a set of recommendations. The Working Group is now soliciting additional feedback through the community consultation process.

I will review our report one more time, but I was able to add our researcher quote earlier this week. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Brad