assurance - Re: [Assurance] Assurance profiles and preferred names

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Assurance profiles and preferred names

  • From: David Walker <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Assurance profiles and preferred names
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 16:42:04 -0800

Keith,

If I understand your question right, I think you're looking at the "Existing Relationship" form of identity proofing in the IAP:

4.2.2.4.1 Existing relationship
If the IdPO is a function of an enterprise, the identity proofing process may be able to leverage a pre-existing relationship, e.g., the Subject is an employee or student.  Where some or all of the identity proofing done at the time the existing relationship was established is comparable to that required in §4.2.2.4.2 or §4.2.2.4.3 below, those results may be relied upon for this purpose.  The IdPO’s Registration Authority (RA) shall confirm that the Subject is a person with a current relationship to the organization, record the nature of that relationship and verify that the relationship is in good standing with the organization.

I don't see any problem with how you format the ID cards, as long as the people doing the verification know where they need to look.

David