assurance - RE: [Assurance] Bronze password reset

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Bronze password reset

  • From: "Michael W. Brogan" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Bronze password reset
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 23:57:18 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Section 3.1 of the IAP says:

“The InCommon Bronze identity assurance profile focuses on sequential identity, that is,

reasonable assurance that the same person is authenticating each time with a particular

Credential. Assertions under this profile are likely to represent the same Subject each time

a Subject identifier is provided.”

With the hypothetical web page password reset scenario described by Eric, I’m not sure how an institution would provide “reasonable assurance that the same person is authenticating each time with a particular Credential.”

--Michael