assurance - Re: [Assurance] bootstrapping into 2-factor ....

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] bootstrapping into 2-factor ....

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] bootstrapping into 2-factor ....
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:16:49 -0600

I can't say what the best-practice is, but in our initial roll-out we'll just be notified by email if a user:

A) has a device registered
B) has not opted-in to forcing 2FA for all shib'd apps (our 2FA management portal is shib'd)
C) modifies/adds/deletes a device

Tight timelines lead to imperfect, but better than nothing solutions.  Longer term plans are to add a knowledge-based solution to the management portal.

Dave