assurance - [Assurance] RE: Remote Identity Proofing

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] RE: Remote Identity Proofing

  • From: Eric Goodman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Assurance] RE: Remote Identity Proofing
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 21:21:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Mary, Michael,

Can you clarify whether the AndrewID being relied upon in this process is a
physical ID (like a student picture ID) or a login credential? A brief search
of the CMU website makes it sound like "Andrew ID" could mean either.

Fundamentally, I think my input would depend on what kind of identity
proofing goes into how that AndrewID was delivered. If there's sufficient
identity proofing behind delivery of an AndrewID, there's an argument that
what Michael is doing is credential re-issuance and NOT remote user
registration. It would seem to be much easier to argue that this process is a
valid (without any Alternative Means) credential re-issuance process if
vetting was done for the Andrew ID.

--- Eric