assurance - [Assurance] 800-63-2: Identity Proofing

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] 800-63-2: Identity Proofing

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Assurance] 800-63-2: Identity Proofing
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:00:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

NIST published 800-63-2 Draft earlier this year. The comment period has closed, but I thought I'd send along a high level summary of the suggestions, since they may be helpful (assuming they are accepted).

If you are reviewing identity proofing and haven't taken a look at the draft, you should:

Suggested changes are highlighted in yellow starting on page 27. Highlights include:
  • Leveraging cellular phone number/account as financial or utility account number option under remote proofing.
  • Citing examples of primary and secondary Ids that can be used for proofing (e.g. the lists in the I-9).
  • Using specific in-person and remote faculty/staff HR on-boarding processes to satisfy LoA2 identity proofing.
For those of you looking ahead, FICAM is exploring the notion of decoupling assurance components:

Ann

  • [Assurance] 800-63-2: Identity Proofing, Ann West, 03/15/2013