assurance - Re: [Assurance] RE: Assurance Implmenters Call:Agenda and Review Items for Wednesday's Call

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] RE: Assurance Implmenters Call:Agenda and Review Items for Wednesday's Call

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] RE: Assurance Implmenters Call:Agenda and Review Items for Wednesday's Call
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:08:11 +0000

On 9 Jan 2013, at 18:08, "Jones, Mark B" <> wrote:

With regard to the password entropy discussion…

Assuming the math is at least close this seems to have a reasonable suggestion about the direction we should go with regard to satisfying password entropy.

I wrote something along similar lines in 2006, based on the dictionary used in 1998's RFC 2289:

My version is a lot less amusing, but includes working code ;-)

-- Ian