assurance - Re: [Assurance] credential renewal or re-issuance

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] credential renewal or re-issuance

  • From: Eric Goodman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] credential renewal or re-issuance
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:45:06 -0700

I think I fall into Scott's category on this as well.

I'll add that just because you mail a one-time use reset token doesn't mean you can't add other security to the reset process. E.g., the one time use reset token allows you to be prompted to answer other security challenges, both of which are required for a reset.

Currently we don't use email, and instead rely on just security challenges. I'm guessing we'll to move to a hybrid approach that also relies on email, but it's fairly early on for me to be too sure .

--- Eric