assurance - Re: [Assurance] silver and two-factor ...

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] silver and two-factor ...

  • From: Christopher Bongaarts <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] silver and two-factor ...
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:43:10 -0500

On 3/13/2012 1:18 PM, Dunker, Mary wrote:
One of Virginia Tech's drivers for submitting 2-factor for Silver
certification is that our hardware token-issuing process already
includes rigorous face-to-face identity proofing and verification
procedures. In contrast, our IDs and passwords are issued via
self-service, with identity-proofing that would be more difficult to
audit.

Our motivation, like VT, is that we have an existing two factor implementation that could be leveraged without having to overhaul our current password regime to meet Silver specs.

--
%% Christopher A. Bongaarts %%

%%
%% OIT - Identity Management %% http://umn.edu/~cab %%
%% University of Minnesota %% +1 (612) 625-1809 %%