assurance - Re: [Assurance] Assurance and system monitoring

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Assurance and system monitoring

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Assurance and system monitoring
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:15:04 -0500 (EST)

> What do you do in this scenario?

I don't think the scenario is very realistic since SAML Web Browser SSO
usually involves a user in possession of a browser and an authentication
secret. About the only way I can see this happening is if the browser
authenticates with, say, an X.509 certificate. Then maybe you can do without
the user and you can run the scenario unattended. (I'm assuming the private
key is not protected with a passphrase of course.)

> Would you give InCommon Silver IAQs to the monitoring/automated
> account?

There's nothing to prevent you from deploying an IdP that can assert a Silver
IAQ any time it wants. If you're asking if that IdP can be in InCommon
metadata, sure, but the only way that IdP gets a Silver IAQ in metadata is if
it's Silver qualified. Otoh, there is a silver-test qualifier you could use
in this case.