announce - [InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: January 2023

Subject: News and information about InCommon Academy offerings

[InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: January 2023

  • From: Apryl Motley <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: January 2023
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:48:16 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=/Ty/ptPN2Oz+jkoW6IoXInJDNQyC+adjdR8MxlDRtYI=; b=QoZrUNp+nwyp0cawkLSUDl9NR2TWL+k9xnQsHPNhchulY0gu2qyDPQBAWoGocdRuD1Hq3+fKbDzVBJslY9HMe9PDOeWHa70XL8CUScVFxpGcotHVmNKh4/fRLHiDbMHfnIM6RbD564jeEs/3+Ae6PODlx4Lht6zeUlJmySi3unznd6sUyYfiFOpSdx3sRnFnNpOtnc+YlhND12auaPs1nwYK9ZrL6W0FNvQJtLUEmPrLU3FwClmwdVqHBKIVWOJ5+ASTOA8zodzuDYMq7ifvUH1tNachp9wsfdo5WYadu7pkEBZAS+HjmPsaqZ4DM60Oa9SGJiVkl40C4SnML7bLRQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=VdX86zuA2I6QSR49VxI58n0bVJblUosMI5cWgjxiRWf9CfIef3uyOz4nz177x07eWGn5DNu+uhgM7gPvVv2iS+SEx6lw7cD0COkB4zgZHWqtKSwwHKjZ575cyS5/ngGmZkCoftkn9w5m0k2eMAeQ0COX9SJkmRm47qnI79wHVEeWTRpeUTdbB8Nms9MRLvNLzMwNXP76uSf1M3cMyf+w0pprjDMsObCftTH9OFWbM83DjvAFnOdwWZ5PYrsbuIRd430uWK4fUovV/smyjzv1Xkzgz3A5y4N1YNwEhb6Gw0c7/rkJRtZTm+0ld7jB3uOufjYBIObVd8qkfkrgp4MuNA==

Happy New Year!

We are excited about all the great opportunities for the community to collaborate in 2023. Here’s a snapshot of some of what’s happening.

Gain Insight

Join us as we kick off our 2023 IAM Online webinar series on Wednesday, Jan. 25, at 2 p.m., with an hour of insights from InCommon Catalysts. You’ll benefit from their expert analysis of how current trends in identity and access management will play out in the year ahead as well as their forecast for what’s next. They might even share a resolution or two.

Please note: If you have already registered for a previous IAM Online webinar in last year, you will automatically receive Zoom coordinates for current and future IAM Online webinars – you only need to register once! The connection details will be emailed directly to all registrants on the morning of the event. New to IAM Online? Register Now.

Provide Input

  • TechEX22 feedback - If you CAMPed at TechEX2022, tell us how you enjoyed your time under the tent. We would like to get a sense of which of the curated or pre-planned sessions were most valuable to you. Please take our short survey about the sessions you attended on Tuesday and Wednesday of the conference.

  • Best practices for provisioning and de-provisioning - The Big Ten Academic Alliance’s Identity Task Force, in conjunction with other Internet2 community members, has taken the combined experiences and wisdom of several BTAA consortium schools and beyond to build a cookbook of best practices for provisioning and de-provisioning. Now, we need your help to make it even better. Before we call it finished, the authors are working with InCommon to open it up to a community consultation. We need the broader community to read our best practices and let us know how we’re doing.

If you see something missing or an item that you don’t agree with, use the community consultation to let us know. Your assistance can help us put the finishing touches on a document that we’re confident will help a lot of organizations make provisioning work well. The consultation is available and is open until Jan. 31. Thanks in advance for helping us with your feedback.

  • Shibboleth survey - The Shibboleth Consortium is casting a wide net for a survey it has developed to help guide future development.  It is quite short and could take as few as two minutes, no more than ten minutes, to complete. Take the survey.

Attend Software Training

  • Feb. 13 – 17

Shibboleth (Early Bird Rates available until Jan. 20)

Shibboleth provides single sign-on capabilities for local, distributed, and cloud services.

  • Mar. 7 - 10

Grouper (Early Bird Rates available until Feb. 10)

Grouper simplifies access management by automating changes to access privileges as a person’s role changes.

  • Mar. 28 - 29

COmanage Registry (Early Bird Rates available until Mar. 3)

Using the InCommon Trusted Access Platform packaged version of COmanage Registry, you will learn how to model your organization and set up enrollment flows.

  • Apr. 25 - 26, 2023 - midPoint (Early Bird Rates available until Mar. 31 )
    midPoint, powered by Evolveum, is a general-purpose identity management and governance system that can synchronize and reconcile among multiple systems of record and sources of identity.

Apryl Motley, CAE

Technical Writer & Communications Lead
Internet2 Trust and Identity/NET+ Services

 | www.internet2.edu | www.incommon.org

  • [InCommon] InCommon Up & Coming: January 2023, Apryl Motley, 01/20/2023