alternative-idp - initial comments on alternatives grid

Subject: Alternative IdP Working Group

initial comments on alternatives grid

  • From: Mark Beadles <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: initial comments on alternatives grid
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:28:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I've just joined the group so my apologies for the rehash if any of this has
been discussed. Some comments on the grid at
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/altidp/Alternative+IdP+Strategies+and+Assessment+Criteria

1. I think there should be a "control" row for 'Shibboleth IdP integrated
with the local IdMS and operated locally', since this will be the baseline
for comparison vs. other choices in most cases.

2. What criteria is intended to distinguish 'IDaaS' vs. 'Outsourced
[Shibboleth|Vendor] IdP"? Is it where the IdMS is hosted? Something else?

Thanks
Mark Beadles
OARnet