Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory
- From: David Walker <>
- Subject: Re: [AD-Assurance] Latest edits
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 08:47:12 -0800
This is really shaping up. It turns out that I'll have to join another call half-way through our call, so I thought I'd send a comment now.
I like the content of the new Executive Summary, but it's not really an executive summary. I suggest we re-title it to something like "Our Approach," and
- Move everything but the last paragraph of section 4, "List of IAP Requirements Reviewed," to the start of "Our Approach,"
- Move the last paragraph of the section 4 to the end of section 2.1, "Purpose."
What do you think?
On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 01:14 +0000, Eric Goodman wrote:
I just made a series of updates to the draft, again just barely meeting my own promised deadline. :)
Edits were made to this draft:
(the one that Jeff added his diagram to).
· Added Executive Summary section
· Removed references to MIT Kerberos.
· Removed sentence “HTTP Traffic is not used to communicate with AD DS” from scope sction.
· Copied some information from original (separate) “Charter and Scope” document into “Scope” section
· Added comment in Glossary that “Kerberos” as used in the doc refers to “Windows Kerberos”
· Added reference to ADFS near one instance of SPNEGO, GSSAPI
o Did not add ADFS to the glossary, since it is defined in the scope section…
· Removed header 5.3 and consolidated the 5.3.x subheaders under 5.2 (note, after editing, this is now section 6.x)
o This was to make this section (recommended configurations) match more closely with the structure of the previous section (discussion of compliance issues)
o Changed section titles to be more in line with section the similar-indent-level subheaders they are now merged with
§ I.e., the old section 5.2.x headers were functional names like “Protect traffic”, but the 5.3.x ones were numbered by section like “requirements for section 4.2.x.x”
· Added “Comments” section (it just says “mail ”)
· Added skeleton “Contributors” section. (Just names at the moment. Needs orgs, maybe titles.)
All changes were made against version 4 of the page, so compare “version 4 to current” to explicitly see what I added.
See you all in the AM.
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.