ad-assurance - [AD-Assurance] RE: BitLocker operational issues

Subject: Meeting the InCommon Assurance profile criteria using Active Directory

[AD-Assurance] RE: BitLocker operational issues

  • From: Ron Thielen <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [AD-Assurance] RE: BitLocker operational issues
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 00:09:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

That depends on the risk you’re mitigating and how BitLocker on the Hyper-V host actually worked, regarding which I have no clue.  For example, would that still means that sectors were only decrypted when the virtual machine when to read a VHD sector which needed to be brought in from physical disks.  It is sort of analogous to the question of whether using TPM protected disks is sufficient.  The answer is “it depends.”

In my case, since we have a sort of site license for VMWare, it isn’t relevant.  We aren’t going to use Hyper-V.  We actually found the links I cited by going to VMWare first and checking whether they supported BitLocker on VMs.

Ron