workday - [InC-Workday] SAML-based step-up authentication details

Subject: Discussion of use cases and implementation experience integrating with Workday

[InC-Workday] SAML-based step-up authentication details

  • From: "Nathan A. Dors" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [InC-Workday] SAML-based step-up authentication details
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 09:05:27 -0700

Yesterday, Archana Ramamoorthy from Workday confirmed they're "thinking of utilizing AuthnContextClassRef" for step-up authentication using SAML. Workday Community users can read that here:

https://community.workday.com/idea/90665

Is anyone in on the details?

Are we collaborating on the specification of useful AuthnContextClassRef values?

Has there been any related discussion about configuring ForceAuthn? Do we need that in WD or are we all applying business rules within our SSO engines to decide when to force reauthentication?

This looks like great progress toward federated MFA in WD27.

Kudos to everyone who's contributed thus far.

-Nathan