workday - [InC-Workday] Unfortunate choice?

Subject: Discussion of use cases and implementation experience integrating with Workday

[InC-Workday] Unfortunate choice?

  • From: Michael R Gettes <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [InC-Workday] Unfortunate choice?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 09:38:00 -0500

It would appear our friends at Workday have elected to NOT join InCommon.
Sure, some will say that is reasonable. However, “giving back” to the
community who developed a set of technologies for which Workday’s business
benefits would have been the “right thing to do (tm)”. On top of which,
losing them from joining InCommon probably hints of them not wishing to do
things the “InCommon way” - you know, things like encrypting assertions,
learning more about metadata management, and maybe even how to be more
effective with the use of MFA within SAML contexts.

Hopefully, we all may continue to educate our friends at Workday towards a
realization of better MD management and all the other things we are looking
for - especially MFA within SAML SSO.

/mrg

https://community.workday.com/idea/79903

  • [InC-Workday] Unfortunate choice?, Michael R Gettes, 03/03/2016