us-federations - [USFeds] April 21st Call reminder

Subject: US Federations Discussion

[USFeds] April 21st Call reminder

  • From: "Laskaris, George" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [USFeds] April 21st Call reminder
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:38:29 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Our next call is scheduled for Wednesday April 21st at 4pm Eastern.

This month's call will feature Andy Dale from the content provider OCLC, best
known for its Library Databases who is currently interested in delivering an
outsourced IdP for K-12 and other groups and would like to discuss
requirements with the USFeds group. He will describe what OCLC is developing
and is hoping this forum will help him better understand the market and
provide some validation of their business case.

The following is a description of Andy's presentation:

We are building and deploying hosted library services (SaaS). As part of that
effort we are building a robust SAML 2.0 based set of services so that our
customer's patrons can move seamlessly between infrastructure hosted by us
and systems self hosted or hosted by others. Having built and deployed robust
federated IDM infrastructure within an organization that is large, trusted
(non-profit co-op) and has a mature operational infrastructure (already
running many 24/7 services across our redundant data centers). Does it make
sense to only provide the IDM services as part of a hosted library solution
or is there need out there for the IDM services as a standalone offering?

I hope you can join us and help to provide some insights for Andy on April
21st

The call in number is 1-877-944-2300, access code 99205#.

Regards,
-George Laskaris & Rich Greenfield

  • [USFeds] April 21st Call reminder, Laskaris, George, 04/14/2010