trust-identity-reg - [trust-identity-reg] BaseCAMP info and details

Subject: Trust and Identity Meeting Registrants

[trust-identity-reg] BaseCAMP info and details

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [trust-identity-reg] BaseCAMP info and details
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:36:55 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1;spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu;dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu;dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu;arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=XRmDgxK3hu4yESgox+dxISlP0O9ypj3xvEdFu/qzMuQ=; b=Y1UtZ76UkPVFAJExlrZcIRoYlLXb1LyCgvn0vWykpFnNhspGxS7UJopLIL1JcOdvHfEYN9y8qJmRsQyS3Z+Qv2GSSd9B/fxeuSkS3g/ZxrO/Rbg5brhuF35ufjFNh4l4DPE7e8ODFBqVrpnJOE2An6rqlM801laBISw8lXOLnuFQb/lCZPLfKLn0KinFh6lL16XPOm3MEmkUamnlhvk6JFQMpz+HYbNr1wd7VTKiUpqp1xg8R6O3B40ZuFNnKFgVRx1dZ3o5mj+LXw4y42W1IJaTvY/jsvkKV+Y6piaDlqT9yrtaXZ9/YDaONi7VZ5Z+MAihesckNi33/btt3fxjAQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=lgNiQ3Kdd8SMdKGhqYGcIzOhUUCCxgZMgQu8DM0bvfTIO6OYxnxjO6rxkZLC3BsVHDkQtTXZRV6MuEtja3K4Pb12h6lY6/HxNOWQ43tIJir/9LniZK7vV+kzIZM0tMqMZEqbdQw2MW8bGLaCta+QeeaP9Isx6P4Ii4glBSrOvYLNS+9a21HHqzi9AU3zikf0CWjFPXcza8iohWDiaogABV9wExN2uVfRGOvhUEKQsV0SQI8uusI4YlrC3mmF+Uu/mgNuMydyTCW7MdGUSuYnKuv+a/oE+qjXZMNsIFiL73Tv44dZ1Wum68J1vK75SZsARa2BlJV90SOAFn2uuezaag==

One week from today, we’ll see you in Milwaukee! Here is all the information you’ll need as you prepare for BaseCAMP. Most of you have seen this already, but it doesn’t hurt to take another run through the information.

Please note that we will not have printed schedules at BaseCAMP – so if that’s how you roll, please print before you start your trip (www.tinyurl.com/2019basecamp).

Dean

-------

Preparing for BaseCAMP

Start: Tuesday, August 13, 9:00 am CT

End: Thursday, August 15, 12:10 pm CT

BaseCAMP Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/2019basecamp

Hotel Information

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee | website

333 W. Kilbourn Ave.

Milwaukee, WI 53203

(414) 276-1234

Transportation to the Hotel

The hotel is about a half-mile from the Milwaukee Amtrak Station (Milwaukee Intermodal Station) and 10 miles from Mitchell International Airport. The hotel does not offer a shuttle to either.

GO Airport Shuttle offers the most affordable option from the airport. You can book the shuttle ahead of time. The cost is $16 each way. Ride share services and taxis are another alternative. The airport website provides more information.

Parking at the hotel

If you are driving, the hotel offers both valet (discounted to $25/day) and self-park ($20/day) options. For self-parking, the parking deck is connected to the hotel by a skywalk.

Check out the BaseCAMP agenda

Prior to the meeting, review the BaseCAMP schedule and topics. Giving some thought to the topics and coming armed with questions will make your experience that much more valuable.

------

During BaseCAMP

Registration

OBTAIN YOUR CAMPer CREDENTIAL and other important meeting materials (like stickers) starting Tuesday morning, August 13, at 7:30 am. Registration is located on the second floor in the Regency Ballroom Foyer.

BaseCAMP schedule: www.tinyurl.com/2019basecamp  We will also post presentation slides and notes as they are available.

BaseCAMP session locations

All BaseCAMP sessions are located on the second floor in the Regency Ballroom, except the Tuesday night reception, which is on the 21st floor “Vue” room. BaseCAMP starts at 9 am each day.

Wi-Fi

We will use the hotel’s wireless network, which is available at no cost in your sleeping room and throughout the meeting space.

Dress

BaseCAMP is a workshop; dress is casual. Hawaiian shirts optional. Shoes and socks possible. Flipflops preferred (but likely tough on the feet if worn all day).

------

Meals and refreshments

BREAKFAST: We do *not* provide breakfast in the morning, although we do endorse the concept that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We’ll have doughnuts at the opening sessions on Wednesday and Thursday (we’ll keep it on the down low if you pretend that is a balanced meal).

LUNCH: Lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday is provided as part of your registration. We end at 12:10 pm on Thursday, so lunch is not provided that day.

REFRESHMENTS: Coffee, tea, soft drinks and water will be available all day Tuesday and Wednesday and all morning on Thursday. Hydration is important! Snacks will be available at morning and afternoon breaks.

RECEPTION: The BaseCAMP reception is Tuesday evening on the top floor of the hotel. We’ll have beer, wine, and plenty of hors d'oeuvres. You will receive one free drink ticket with your registration; you can purchase additional beer and wine at your leisure.

DINNER: You will hear more about dinner sign-ups at the meeting. We’re arranging for optional small groups to dine at nearby restaurants. Note that the cost of these dinners is on your own.

------

Questions?

If you have questions related to BaseCAMP, email Dean Woodbeck ().

  • [trust-identity-reg] BaseCAMP info and details, Dean Woodbeck, 08/06/2019