technical-discuss - [InC-Technical] Fwd: [eduGAIN-SG] Vote for Saudi Arabia / Maeen joining eduGAIN

Subject: InCommon Technical Discussions

[InC-Technical] Fwd: [eduGAIN-SG] Vote for Saudi Arabia / Maeen joining eduGAIN

  • From: Nick Roy <>
  • To: Nick Roy <>
  • Subject: [InC-Technical] Fwd: [eduGAIN-SG] Vote for Saudi Arabia / Maeen joining eduGAIN
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 14:27:46 +0000

FYI

Nick

Forwarded message:

From: Terry Smith <>
Cc: Brook Schofield <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 15:50:10 +1000

All,

I’m pleased to welcome Saudi Arabia / Maeen Identity Federation as the 68th member of eduGAIN.

Thanks to the work of all Steering Group members in voting, assessing the federations and providing them feedback and the work of our newest member in working toward participating in eduGAIN.

The summary of the vote is:
* 39 votes cast
* 30 in the affirmative
*   4 federations (eduId.hu, Edugate, RCTSaai, фEDUrus) regain their voting right.
*   2 federation (RASH, CAFe) joins the excluded list.
* 14 federations remain on the excluded list.
* 54 federations on the active voting list (51 +4 regained -2 lost +1 new member)

The status of active/excluded voters is listed at https://wiki.geant.org/display/eduGAIN/eduGAIN+Votes

The eduGAIN OT will work with this new member to complete any remaining membership and metadata exchange processes.

Thanks,
Terry.

Terry Smith | Technical Engagement and Support Manager | Australian Access Federation Ltd
Mail: Level 21 179 Turbot Street | Brisbane QLD 4000 | Australia