technical-discuss - Re: [InC-Technical] RE: AWS and InCommon

Subject: InCommon Technical Discussions

Re: [InC-Technical] RE: AWS and InCommon

  • From: Nick Roy <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [InC-Technical] RE: AWS and InCommon
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 10:42:56 -0600
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

It appears that there are two service components at play:

1) The DLT AWS portal, which allows you to do things like spin up AWS
accounts (I don't know the specific functionality in that portal, I've
never seen it). This is in InCommon and can use eduPersonEntitlement
for access control.

2) The AWS service itself, which is not in InCommon (Scott has pointed
out one reason for this).

Internet2 is working on providing much more detailed information about
how each service in the Net+ portfolio meets various community
requirements. I've asked Net+ staff if I can share info about that with
the InCommon TAC and then start a discussion about what configuration
items need to be enumerated regarding support for InCommon in Net+ services.

Best,

Nick