streamlining-sp - Working Group - scope

Subject: Streamlining SP Onboarding WG

Working Group - scope

  • From: Garrett King <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Working Group - scope
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 15:47:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi All-

Thanks to those folks that attended the first working group meeting last week.  We’ll be sending out another reminder for this Wednesday’s meeting today/tomorrow.

Based on questions raised during the first meeting, I wanted to circle back to the mailing list and open up the discussion.

First off, to provide context, two of the working group’s deliverables include (paraphrasing): To develop Service Provider implementation criteria and document Service Provider configuration standards (that meet our defined requirements).  So, from the IDP organization perspective, we have defined criteria/requirements/standards/etc that can be provided to the Service Provider to meet as part of their integration.  But from the Service Provider perspective, they may be facing a steep learning curve and have trouble even knowing what questions to ask themselves or steps to take to meet this criteria.

So, the question to the working group is, do we feel like this working group should also include a deliverable to “help” the Service Provider through their end of the onboarding process?

Perhaps, this would take the form of a Service Provider questionnaire or decision type workflow (“Will your application be handing user ‘directory information’, if yes, please see criteria X”).  Basically, could we provide a consistent approach for raising Service Provider knowledge to a certain baseline (even before they begin implementing any criteria or standards)?

And if you have experience to share at your home institution/company to share, for what has or hasn’t worked, please do.

Thanks all,

Garrett

  • Working Group - scope, Garrett King, 10/09/2017