oidc-deploy - native mobile apps and shibboleth oidc extension

Subject: OIDC Deployment Working Group

native mobile apps and shibboleth oidc extension

  • From: Nathan Dors <>
  • To:
  • Subject: native mobile apps and shibboleth oidc extension
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 08:25:52 -0800

Anyone on the list (*) working on native mobile apps?

On a different list, I've received some high-level, yet useful, updates from a campus deploying their first native mobile app for iOS, using OIDC against their Shibboleth IdP/OP.

Here at UWash, we have native apps in development for iOS and Android, and they're now working with the authorization code flow + PKCE, based on Shib IdP 3.4.6 and GEANT OIDC extension 1.1.0.

Tomorrow, we have a high-level design review, where I get to hear more about the app designs, interaction with users and the system browser, integration with our IdP/OP, and related OIDC/PKCE configuration.

If anyone has any questions you'd like me to explore, let me know.

* not really sure this list is still available for posting.

-Nathan