oidc-deploy - oidc-deploy meeting 2019-05-07 - any topics for today?

Subject: OIDC Deployment Working Group

oidc-deploy meeting 2019-05-07 - any topics for today?

  • From: Nathan Dors <>
  • To:
  • Subject: oidc-deploy meeting 2019-05-07 - any topics for today?
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 07:11:57 -0700

How are folks doing with their efforts to test the GÉANT extension?

We have a call scheduled for this morning, but it may be a short call.

Over in REFEDS and OIDF R&E WG, there has been some recent discussion on custom claims and guidelines for claim names. Check it out here:

Also the WLCG community is driving some focus on use cases for something like the token exchange flow enabling delegated use of ID tokens and access tokens by unregistered resource servers. This is thematically similar to the API security use case we've heard from some campuses. Currently, the GÉANT extension isn't aware of other resource servers, but one imagines it has no trouble (let alone anxiety toward) issuing tokens to unregistered resource servers it isn't aware of. The WLCG discussion involves use of the "scope" claim to convey permissions to downstream services.

-Nathan

  • oidc-deploy meeting 2019-05-07 - any topics for today?, Nathan Dors, 05/07/2019