oidc-deploy - Shib IDP OIDC support, "desired features"

Subject: OIDC Deployment Working Group

Shib IDP OIDC support, "desired features"

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Shib IDP OIDC support, "desired features"
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:36:21 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi,

Janne Lauros, one of the Finish developers, posted this info earlier this summer:

Henri is already on his combined parental and annual leave. I will be going
for my significantly shorter leave after week 25. Once we are back in the end
of July we will work on, hopefully full-time, new release based on Idp 3.4
codebase. The result is hopefully our first beta release of the plugin. This
is also the point we will start the official openid connect certification
process.

We have have been contacted by few early adopters and the feedback received
from them has been positive. We want to thank them for their efforts. This is
important work for us as it guides us on what features to implement first and
shows also where we are still lacking.

On our last call, there was considerable discussion about the various available options for OAuth/OIDC implementations. Issues/concerns with the various options were also noted.

The notes include this mention of the Shib IDP support currently under development:

Thinking about Shib (but may be impacted by the limited scope of supported
claims)

I'm think we may want to send a suggest to Janne and Henri describing this concern ?

Just a thought ...

  • Shib IDP OIDC support, "desired features", Steven Carmody, 07/27/2018