oidc-deploy - Re: learning materials championship - round of 32

Subject: OIDC Deployment Working Group

Re: learning materials championship - round of 32

  • From: Marc Miles <>
  • To: Nathan Dors <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: learning materials championship - round of 32
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:50:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Here's my final four.  For me, learning about the history helps to understand the present (Hammer).  Once that is done, some may only need a high level overview next (Kawasaki).  Others may want to dive a little deeper but instead get a wake up call that OAuth is very broad.  It doesn't take much of anything to say "we are doing OAuth"...it's a framework, not a protocol (Parecki).  To address many of the optional components, some folks decided to tighten up the framework (iGov, thanks for that hard work by the way).  Once one has done these four steps they are still confused, because that is what learning about OAuth does to you, so you start over from the beginning again hoping to architect a solution one day that doesn't necessitate a big commercial endeavor.

  1. Hammer Moving On
  2. Kawasaki Guide
  3. Parecki OAuth 2.0 Servers
  4. iGov OAuth Profile

Yes 1 and 3 are in the same bracket and can't make it to a real final 4, Little Caesars anyone?

Marc Miles

IAM Architect

UW IT - Identity & Access Management

206.221.5730