oidc-deploy - Re: volunteer needed to run next call

Subject: OIDC Deployment Working Group

Re: volunteer needed to run next call

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To: "Nathan A. Dors" <>
  • Cc: , David Walker <>
  • Subject: Re: volunteer needed to run next call
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:29:31 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

thanks very much !

at David Walker's suggestion I sent an email to the list of people from the previous WG's survey who had indicated that they wanted to be kept appraised of future work in this area -- as a result there has been a spate of signups to the email list, and possibly more attendees to next week's call.

The big agenda item is to figure out how to begin on the work --

since a big item is to find out what people are doing, and to develop best practice, David had mentioned that this approach had worked with a previous WG:

We had reasonably good luck in the MFA Cohortium of giving people a half-hour or so in a regular meeting to talk about their deployments. Most prepared some slides, but not all did. Sometimes it took some wheedling to get people to agree to present, but we got 8-10 presentations, as I remember. We also posted recordings of the talks on the Cohortium wiki

(and one of the recent joiners -- Patrick Matlock <> -- said:

I deployed a production Gluu server for University of Waterloo

(with working API examples).
I also gave an All-Canadian talk in June at Queen's University ..

you folks want the talk?

I've started going thru the previous survey to identify the people who said "they had OIDC/OAuth2 in PROD, and were moving toward PROD" -- that might be a group of people to ask to present ....

and we might try to see if individuals are interested in researching specific areas, and reporting back on what's going on in that area ....

thoughts on agenda ?

and thanks very much !