mfa-interop - [MFA-Interop] RE: Notes/AIs from this week.

Subject: MFA Interop Working Group

[MFA-Interop] RE: Notes/AIs from this week.

  • From: Eric Goodman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [MFA-Interop] RE: Notes/AIs from this week.
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 00:07:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I’m sure you’re all waiting with bated breath for updates like this late on a Friday…

After the discussion on yesterday’s call I went back and made some significant to the Usage Guidance document in the SAML-specific (AuthnContext use) area. Mostly this was to make the discussion flow a little less awkwardly while still trying to cover both (a) how to decide which AuthnContexts to request for different use cases and (b) how knowing (or not) in advance that a given IdP supports the new profiles might affect how you processing the results (especially errors). Despite much wordsmithing I don’t think I changed anything significant from a “what we actually are advising” point of view.

I edited so much that I “accepted” all the edits rather than leave them in “suggestion” mode to make it easier to read. That probably makes it less obvious what the specific edits were, so you might want to give those SAML sections a little extra scrutiny as (if) you review the document.

--- Eric