mfa-interop - Re: Workday (was Re: [MFA-Interop] Agenda for the 2/18/2016 MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group call)

Subject: MFA Interop Working Group

Re: Workday (was Re: [MFA-Interop] Agenda for the 2/18/2016 MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group call)

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • Cc: Nick Roy <>, MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group <>, Gary Chapman <>
  • Subject: Re: Workday (was Re: [MFA-Interop] Agenda for the 2/18/2016 MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group call)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:49:34 -0600

> On 2/17/16, 5:30 PM,
> "
> on behalf of Nick Roy"
> <
> on behalf of
> >
> wrote:
>

> >Michael Gettes from Penn State might be good to contact
> >about Workday. They are in the middle of an
> >implementation. I think UW is, too, maybe Jim Phelps and /
> >or Nathan Dors? I think we need Workday use cases from the
> >customers, not the vendor.
>
> Gary Chapman's write up is more or less on target for what I
> think most campuses would be asking for. I don't have a copy
> handy, but I'm sure he'd provide a copy. I don't have his
> email handy...

Hi,

I have added Gary Chapman from NYU to the thread.

Nick Roy posted the URL to the Google Doc, but here is a short
version:

https://goo.gl/DIqpg4

The primary goal of that document was to help Workday
understand what it might look like for an InCommon IdP to
assert some type of MFA authentication context, and to set the
stage for Workday to begin a collaboration with InCommon to
help develop a "standard".

My understanding is that Workday consumed the document and
reacted positively, or at the least not negatively.

I think the InCommon Workday working group is the place to
follow up on the interaction that has happened so far with
Workday about MFA.

David and Karen, is that something you can facilitate?

Cheers,

Scott K