mfa-interop - [MFA-Interop] MFA Interop Group News

Subject: MFA Interop Working Group

[MFA-Interop] MFA Interop Group News

  • From: Roger A Safian <>
  • To: "Herrington, Karen" <>, Paul Caskey <>, "" <>
  • Cc: David Walker <>, Ann West <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [MFA-Interop] MFA Interop Group News
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:06:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Central Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0600
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0600
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
ORGANIZER;CN=Roger A Safian:MAILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN="Herrington
 , Karen":MAILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Paul Caske
 y:MAILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=mfa-intero
 :MAILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=OPT-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=David Walk
 er:MAILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=OPT-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Ann West:M
 AILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=OPT-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=emily@inte
 rnet2.edu:MAILTO:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=OPT-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=cspada@uwm
 .edu:MAILTO:
DESCRIPTION;LANGUAGE=en-US:\nI was creating a reminder for this\, and thoug
 ht I might as well do so for the team…\n\n______________________________
 _______________\nFrom: <
 -> [mailto:] On Behalf
  Of Herrington\, Karen\nSent: Monday\, February 1\, 2016 2:02 PM\nTo: Paul
  Caskey <<mailto:>>\; mfa-intero
 <mailto:>\nCc: David Walker <dwalker
 @internet2.edu<mailto:>>\; Ann West <awest@internet2.
 edu<mailto:>>\; <mailto:emily@intern
 et2.edu>\; <mailto:>\nSubject: [MFA-Interop] R
 E: MFA Interop Group News\n\n\nHello all\,\n\nI’m Karen Herrington and I
  am honored to be leading this group as we continue this important work.
 I’d like to briefly introduce myself to you – some of you I have met a
 nd some of you I haven’t.\n\nI am the Director of Identity Management Se
 rvices at Virginia Tech. I was one of the original architects of VT’s cu
 rrent identity management system and my area provides the identity and acc
 ess management function at VT. I was co-lead (along with Mary Dunker) on V
 irginia Tech’s effort to receive InCommon Silver certification. I recent
 ly participated in the Internet2 MFA Cohortium and the MFA Management Cons
 ole working group\, as well as serving on this Interop working group up to
  this point.\n\nMy area has\, for many years\, supported a limited impleme
 ntation of OTP at VT.  Currently\, Virginia Tech is in the middle of an en
 terprise-wide 2-factor rollout using Duo.  I am leading the Configuration
 and Administration portion of this effort\, including such things as globa
 l configuration settings\, account creation/deletion processes and policie
 s\, role creation/removal\, user provisioning/deprovisioning\, user manage
 ment and support\, business continuity related to authentication resilienc
 y.\n\nI know you are all probably wondering when we are actually going to
 have our first call since all of the Doodle poll times have now passed.  W
 ell\, I’m happy to announce that the first call will be this Thursday\,
 February 4 at 4pm EST.  Below is the connection information for the call.\
 n\nI’m excited to see so much interest in this work and look forward to
 our first meeting.  I suspect our first meeting will be mostly devoted to
 getting everyone up-to-speed on where Jacob left off and defining our scop
 e\, deliverables and tentative timeline.  As mentioned previously\, David
 Walker will be flywheeling so please chime in\, David\, if I’ve left any
 thing out.\n\nTalk to you on Thursday\,\nKaren\n\nDial-in numbers:\n  +1-7
 34-615-7474 (Please use if you do not pay for Long Distance)\n  +1-866-411
 -0013 (English I2\, toll free US/Canada Only)\nPIN: 0148636#\nFrom: mfa-in
 <mailto:> [mailt
 o:] On Behalf Of Paul Caskey\nSent: Friday
 \, January 15\, 2016 4:43 PM\nTo: <
 >\nCc: David Walker <<
 internet2.edu>>\nSubject: [MFA-Interop] MFA Interop Group News\n\nHello In
 Common MFA-Interop Working Group-\n\nWe hope you all had a great holiday a
 nd that your new year is going well so far.\n\nWe'd like to get things goi
 ng again in the MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group.\n\nTo that end
 \, we'd like to announce that Karen Herrington from Virginia Tech has agre
 ed to assume the duties of chairperson for this group.  Karen has been a p
 articipant in this group\, but let's welcome her now as the new Chair!  In
  addition\, David Walker will be joining in to assist with flywheeling dut
 ies.  Welcome\, David!\n\nAnd we would like to very sincerely thank Jacob
 Farmer for the great job he has done leading the group thus far.  Unfortun
 ately\, Jacob has that pesky thing called a day job and turns out that the
 y enjoy his time as well.  :)  So - Jacob - here's a big "Thank You!" from
  the folks in the group\, the people at InCommon\, and also from me person
 ally!\n\nTo get things restarted\, we need to ask you all to please clink
 the link below for a doodle poll with times to schedule recurring calls fo
 r this group.   For the most part\, please ignore the dates\, but rather f
 ocus on the timeslots that would work for you for recurring calls.\n\nThe
 calls will be weekly for now\, we can adjust the frequency later\, as need
 ed.\n\nThe Poll can be found at: http://doodle.com/poll/xpr7edim9kmyzce5\n
 \nPlease respond to the poll by the end of the day on Wednesday\, 1/20/16.
 \n\n\nThank you all!\n-Paul\n\n\n
SUMMARY;LANGUAGE=en-US:MFA Interop Group News
DTSTART;TZID=Central Standard Time:20160204T150000
DTEND;TZID=Central Standard Time:20160204T160000
UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000D0478EADF95CD101000000000000000
 0100000001821FE326EFE5B4BAF2EDB4C05B4078E
CLASS:PUBLIC
PRIORITY:5
DTSTAMP:20160201T200559Z
TRANSP:OPAQUE
STATUS:CONFIRMED
SEQUENCE:0
LOCATION;LANGUAGE=en-US:Phone call
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-APPT-SEQUENCE:0
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-OWNERAPPTID:1637951456
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:TENTATIVE
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INSTTYPE:0
X-MICROSOFT-DISALLOW-COUNTER:FALSE
BEGIN:VALARM
TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT15M
ACTION:DISPLAY
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

  • [MFA-Interop] MFA Interop Group News, Roger A Safian, 02/01/2016