metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc.
Subject: InCommon metadata support
- From: Ian Young <>
- Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc.
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:13:42 +0000
- Feedback-id: 220.127.116.11
You are correct to deduce that the current mdq-beta does not support conditional GET. It is a deployment of this implementation:
It's a partial implementation of the specification. The corresponding enhancement request is here:
There are a couple of reasons why this hasn't yet reached the top of the pile, the strongest of which being that the current deployment regenerates the signed metadata every hour and this makes it unlikely that an eligible conditional GET will happen within that window.
A production service (whether based on mdq-beta or on different technology) would be much more likely to get value from conditional GET, and it would be more likely to be implemented at that point.
I intend to review quite a bit of the text related to conditional GET and cacheing in light of the reformulation of HTTP/1.1 that happened (relatively) recently. In this case, it's probably more appropriate for the text to be:
In the event that a resource has not
changed since the previous requests, the responder SHOULD send a 304
(Not Modified) status code as a response.
Hope that helps.
- [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc., Tom Poage, 01/13/2017
- Re: [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc., Ian Young, 01/13/2017
- Re: [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc., Tom Scavo, 01/13/2017
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc., Cantor, Scott, 01/13/2017
- Re: [Metadata-Support] MDQ Conditional-GET Etc., Nick Roy, 01/13/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.