Subject: InCommon metadata support
Re: [Metadata-Support] Updating IDP Servers in a Pool
- From: Tom Scavo <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Updating IDP Servers in a Pool
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 12:17:19 -0500
Your message bounced but I let it through anyway. Can you please
subscribe to the mailing list to avoid further bouncing?
On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Ryan Bradshaw
> We have 2 Shibboleth IDP servers behind an F5. We have taken one out to
> upgrade to V3. We can’t have them both in the pool as we use Canvas and
> they require the server cert info. We tried switching to V3 and had Canvas
> working but none of our other pages worked as the metadata must not have
> been updated.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do but have you read this wiki page
on Upgrading to Shibboleth IdP V3?
You shouldn't have to modify metadata in order to upgrade.
> Could you give us a time frame on when the metadata would be
> changed on your end so that we can try to time the server switch with what
> might get us back up and working with the least amount of user downtime.
I'll answer your question even though it may not be relevant. We
approve metadata every business day around 2:30 pm ET. A freshly
signed file is published around 3:15 pm (give or take 15 mins). See:
Hope this helps,
- [Metadata-Support] Updating IDP Servers in a Pool, Ryan Bradshaw, 01/04/2017
- Re: [Metadata-Support] Updating IDP Servers in a Pool, Tom Scavo, 01/04/2017
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: [Metadata-Support] Updating IDP Servers in a Pool, Cantor, Scott, 01/04/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.