metadata-support - [Metadata-Support] The per-entity metadata pilot and the requireSignedMetadata attribute

Subject: InCommon metadata support

[Metadata-Support] The per-entity metadata pilot and the requireSignedMetadata attribute

  • From: "Wessel, Keith" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Metadata-Support] The per-entity metadata pilot and the requireSignedMetadata attribute
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 18:59:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:85vZvxxQngHbmdTXCy+O+j09IxM/srCxBDY+r6Qd0eoeIJqq85mqBkHD//Il1AaPBtqLra8fwLOL+4nbGkU+or+5+EgYd5JNUxJXwe43pCcHRPC/NEvgMfTxZDY7FskRHHVs/nW8LFQHUJ2mPw6a8TWO6mtYHxjjPAZ8Ou2wAZPKl8Oty8iz/ZbUZgBPgny6e7w4ZEGzoBnYusAKiM55N74pzQHVinpOcONTwGRuY1WJkECvyN23+cspzClLoP8ls4ZjXKTmf+5wGb9HAS89PmQd5cnvtB/ETBDJ63cBBDZF2iFUChTIuUmpFqz6tTH347Jw

Hi, Tom and others,

I have my test IDP cluster querying metadata from the InCommon MDQ server. I
configured the IDP using the instructions on
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/InCCollaborate/Dynamic+Metadata+Client+Config#DynamicMetadataClientConfig-ShibbolethIdPConfiguration.
However, my IDP has reminded me evern since I did this that the
requireSignedMetadata attribute of the signature validation filter is
deprecated. Is it syntactically correct to use the new requireSignedRoot
attribute in this configuration instead? I'm not sure if metadata coming back
from the MDQ server has a signed root. I would expect it would but wanted to
know for sure. If so, it might be good to update that wiki page.

Thanks,
Keith