metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] signature verification fails with newly signed metadata

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] signature verification fails with newly signed metadata

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Mike Manske <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] signature verification fails with newly signed metadata
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:32:17 -0400

Branson, your message was trapped in the queue because you're not
subscribed to the metadata-support mailing list:

https://lists.incommon.org/sympa/info/metadata-support

The issue you experienced earlier today was caused by bogus characters
in an <mdui:Description> element in an entity descriptor imported from
eduGAIN. The problem began when we signed metadata at ~9:00 am ET
today. The bogus characters were gone by the time we signed metadata
at ~3:00 pm ET today. Here is a portion of the diff before and after
the 3:00 pm signing:

- <mdui:Description xml:lang="en">Off Campus Partners
simplifies the off-campus housing&#13;
- search process for universities, property managers, and students. Our&#13;
- software platform powers the off-campus housing listing service at
the&#13;
- nation's leading universities.</mdui:Description>
+ <mdui:Description xml:lang="en">Off Campus Partners
simplifies the off-campus housing search process for universities,
property managers, and students. Our software platform powers the
off-campus housing listing service at the nation's leading
universities.</mdui:Description>

If your SP is still having an issue, clear the backing file and
restart the SP to fix the issue.

Hope this helps,

Tom

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Branson C Stephens