metadata-support - [Metadata-Support] InCommon_Metadata.xml not updating

Subject: InCommon metadata support

[Metadata-Support] InCommon_Metadata.xml not updating

  • From: Josh Bright <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Metadata-Support] InCommon_Metadata.xml not updating
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 15:25:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

All,

About two months ago after no known change to our system, the InCommon_Metadata.xml stop refreshing (updating) automatically.  This went un-noticed until the expiration time (two weeks) hit and our users were no longer able to authenticate.

A note that leads me to believe a configuration change may have been made is that it is impacting two of our servers not just one.  If we restart the servers or restart tomcat then the file updates and is good for another two weeks.

Current iDP Version 2.4.4

Metadata Provider info

<MetadataProvider id="URLMD_incommon" xsi:type="FileBackedHTTPMetadataProvider" metadataURL="http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml" backingFile="/opt/shibboleth-idp/metadata/InCommon_metadata.xml"/>

Thanks,

Josh Bright