md-distro - Re: [md-distro] Thursday's call

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] Thursday's call

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] Thursday's call
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:43:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 10/23/13, 4:43 PM, "Tom Scavo"

>We also have the beginnings of a FAQ:
>
>https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/yoCkAg
>
>I think we have good stories for Shibboleth and AD FS (of all things)
>but simpleSAMLphp still needs work. Then of course there's "everything
>else," which I don't know what to say about.

I wouldn't necessarily suggest saying anything about it, but somebody
stuck on Red Hat 4 that really refused to move can still deal with the
metadata and SHA-2 by moving the refresh out of band and pulling it down
via cron job and using xmlsectool in Java to verify the signature.

Obviously anybody still using Red Hat 4 is very unlikely to be the sort
who would care about any of this, let alone do anything like that.

But there may be people on Solaris, in environments operated by, let's
call them "sysadmins", who may be forced into this kind of workaround, and
might be willing.

-- Scott