md-distro - [md-distro] Agenda 12pm ET/9am PT [0169395#]

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

[md-distro] Agenda 12pm ET/9am PT [0169395#]

  • From: John Krienke <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [md-distro] Agenda 12pm ET/9am PT [0169395#]
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:10:41 -0400

Hi all,

Today's agenda:

I think this week we'll re-anchor the discussions around the two discussion topics on the Phase 2 list:

1. Elicit and capture requirements around metadata distribution
a. short to mid-term requirements for metadata aggregation
b. longer term requirements for per entity metadata
4. Analyze and document alternative approaches to metadata distribution, and recommend one or more methods of metadata distribution for InCommon for the foreseeable future

We've been defining issues around operational components, software requirements, and scalable architectures. We've been putting our toe in the water around a pilot, which begs for more shape to continuing to explore longer term goals for how entities trust and consume trusted metadata.

Talk to you soon.

Working Group Wiki Page:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/zRBOAg

CALL DETAILS
PHONE
(734) 615-7474 (please use if you do not pay for long distance)
(866) 411-0013 (toll-free in US and Canada)
Access Code: 0169395#

john.