interfed - [inc-interfed] Outcomes from eduGAIN Policy Framework review

Subject: Interfederation

[inc-interfed] Outcomes from eduGAIN Policy Framework review

  • From: Warren Anderson <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [inc-interfed] Outcomes from eduGAIN Policy Framework review
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:53:11 -0700

Hi All,

We had a very interesting interfed telecon today. One of the topics we
discussed was whether or not it would be useful to assemble a small document
(5-10 pages at most) summarizing our discussions and understanding of the
eduGAIN Policy Framework documents. Two motivations were mentioned as perhaps
warranting such a document:

1) providing background to steering and/or the program committee for their
planning discussions
2) capturing the non-alignment between current inCommon practices and those
outlined in the eduGAIN Policy Framework, in particular those related to the
Metadata Profile.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on whether such a document (or
documents, I guess) might be worth the time and effort it would cost to
produce them. If we determine that it is a worthwhile enterprise, we will
have to assign some writing tasks. I hope we have some opinions on this
thread to discuss at next week's telecon.

Cheers,
Warren

| PO Box 413, Dept. of Physics, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA |
| CANADA: (403) 617 6720 USA: (414) 212 5446 |

  • [inc-interfed] Outcomes from eduGAIN Policy Framework review, Warren Anderson, 02/05/2014