interfed - [inc-interfed] aggregator specification

Subject: Interfederation

[inc-interfed] aggregator specification

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [inc-interfed] aggregator specification
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:06:52 +0000

Here's the document I mentioned on the call. It's far from complete, but I
think it gives you a good idea of the sort of thing one needs to nail down
for an implementation of this kind:

https://gist.github.com/iay/7486653

As I mentioned, this is just something I ran up as a straw man for
consideration by eduGAIN as a baseline spec for their new implementation. It
has no official status (and in fact I can see a couple of things missing from
it as well).

Apologies for the rather peculiar way the footnotes have been rendered;
apparently Github's Markdown dialect doesn't understand them, but it should
be fairly obvious from context what is supposed to be going on.

Enjoy,

-- Ian

  • [inc-interfed] aggregator specification, Ian Young, 01/29/2014