interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Reminder: Teleconference this week

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Reminder: Teleconference this week

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Interfederation TAC Subgroup <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Reminder: Teleconference this week
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:58:29 -0500

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Warren Anderson
> Hi All,
>
> This is a reminder for the weekly InterFed this week. Meeting time is
> Wed, Nov 6 at 9AM Pacific (Noon Eastern). Dial-in information is:
>
> DIAL-IN NUMBER:
> +1-734-615-7474 (English I2, Please use if you do not pay for Long
> Distance),
> +1-866-411-0013 (English I2, toll free US/Canada Only)
> 0195401#
>
> I don't have a firm agenda for this week. There is one new development that
> I'm aware of
>
> - the UK Federations extension to the IdP to incorporate a service
> provider's registrationAuthority value into attribute release policies.
>
> We had also talked about reviewing the eduGain Policy Framework
>
> http://www.geant.net/service/eduGAIN/resources/Pages/home.aspx
>
> to see if there are any technical compatibility issues - Tom has already
> gone down this road and I'm hoping he can get us started on it.

No, sorry, John is traveling down the policy path, and I think he
updated us on the last call. I was talking about the Code of Conduct
technical requirements, which depend on RequestedAttributes in
metadata. We don't fully support RequestedAttributes and there's some
doubt we could or should, and that's coming from not just me, but the
FEFEDs mailing list as well. So there might be something to talk about
there (but perhaps Steven might want to lead us through a discussion
on the policy aspects of CoC before we jump into the technical weeds).

FYI: https://refeds.org/meetings/nov13/index.html