interfed - [inc-interfed] RE: June 18 agenda / Jun 11 notes

Subject: Interfederation

[inc-interfed] RE: June 18 agenda / Jun 11 notes

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [inc-interfed] RE: June 18 agenda / Jun 11 notes
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:30:37 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> How do InCommon participants set policy?
> Based on InC membership? Entity attributes?
> ScottC proposes entity descriptor that represents acceptance of
> InCommon POP.

Slight correction and update: I was suggesting EntityAttributes extensions
(the thing referred to by most as "tagging"), but specifically thinking that
a way to transition both the metadata and people's policies might be to
attach a single tag at the root EntitiesDescriptor level now.

The SP can do policy based on EntityAttributes using tags at the higher level.

It turns out the IdP, sigh, did not do it that way, so that suggestion is
fairly pointless and we're probably back to tagging every entity.

-- Scott