interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Mar 12 notes / Mar 26 agenda

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Mar 12 notes / Mar 26 agenda

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Mar 12 notes / Mar 26 agenda
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:28:18 +0000

On 12 Mar 2013, at 18:30, Jim Basney

> Cardiff IDP and LIGO SP example. Ian says this is OK because user has
> requested the service / consented to release.

What I meant to say was that Cardiff *might* regard this as OK for any of a
number of different reasons, one of which might be to deliver a service the
user had requested. I don't in fact know the basis Rhys was thinking of when
he agreed to participate, and I'm certainly not taking a position on the
actual legality one way or another.

-- Ian "IANAL" Young