inc-lib-usecase - Goals: In preparation for the next joint inc-lib meeting

Subject: Defining Use Cases for Federating Library Services

Goals: In preparation for the next joint inc-lib meeting

  • From: "T. Howell" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Goals: In preparation for the next joint inc-lib meeting
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:15:17 -0500

We have three goals to achieve:

1. To confirm that we agree with the language used in the two Main Library
use cases as well as to add several more use cases modeled on those two -
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/inclibrary/Technology+Approaches+Organi
zed+by+Areas+of+Interest

2. To add at least one UML diagram to one of the two existing examples. This
diagram will reside on the landing page linked to from the use case.

3. To identify a Case Study that describes a solution to the wants and needs
listed in at least one use case and to link to this Case Study from the use
cases landing page.

Important information to communicate:

Today we confirmed last week's agreement that the primary use case page
should use simple language and examples to facilitate communicating to
administration and non-technical staff members the situations and potential
solutions that Shibboleth addresses. To this end, more advances sub-examples
shall find themselves described on the landing page linked to from the
simple cases. We also will link to the vendor group any references to
vendors or products that the vendor group is currently exploring.

Thanks again for another great conversation today everyone. Please feel free
to send messages to the group containing any questions or requests for
clarification on anything in this message, on the wiki, or from past
conference calls.

Sincerely;
Thomas Howell.
Lead Web Developer and Systems Analyst
Northwestern University Library Technology Division

  • Goals: In preparation for the next joint inc-lib meeting, T. Howell, 10/23/2009