idpaas - InCommon Advisory Committee Nominations Now Open!

Subject: IdP as a Service Working Group

InCommon Advisory Committee Nominations Now Open!

  • From: Jeanetta Caligari <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: InCommon Advisory Committee Nominations Now Open!
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 18:26:43 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=W5fqrx/bta8tYdOD4hKD32z2YTgfDNJxmjRrfpKRP0k=; b=GZ2nu87n9AHgSu2t8Kz1xvZJKlhLBJyOWSImG3FZeUpRwsrl6wDJ/1I5QJ5yiY6q4Bmp/ZaLyKlD8tdzSjKK9XIWAxt2dqIUxskCFDu/J8APOqmym5DMyxysw75xsMxQR/eIyFDanuYB1dCRoQsfd6kZFc7O8NmFHnxm6ZceDdS6BG6ELvMqafWFe7Gc7085x/l5Njsigo60yy/cl/ldHHvFMzMaepKX31aol4+gzaBeegyW/ErdooWjlqAFjvZMA2TM/nnaElBNvwISJiDHtpALA7d4k/jXs9pQcqs0wQ0yTWKaEWocDR1Kvln+ne6AQGoGekoc114ff49yDkpnmQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=BuCBe8qtuhsstdnnt0dYicZ+KX+tI7QXHBPLzmaNWbLCg+ItUH7QI6540q9/F57RXHzx/WKyyBj8yPbwj8e5uRS5bJBMEKHbT61rTwb4gj+ZebvPtnUkQ0Ta8nTiOhDuUTbJfgDfk68tSi26OP9RYyZAoDAWYyh2qT796xY3zpLQazR2zBquLMROenDA+6rDjb2d6TRDtkYgJ3EL6XL4zoHoH5tC6vdxfF2OyYz2LUF/RVdsZcV7gw0tmpksmD3Y1JvXmORdhhJ9luzXlP9eP4KEFCgAm+b0eETlAONpdJIXr//FI42tw/O18JlQ5XPYwjxQTdCaPpUAh8vutmSHEQ==
  • Suggested_attachment_session_id: 717174fa-64c5-df84-d49d-5423a5c438b8

Happy Friday, Community!

InCommon is currently seeking enthusiastic volunteers to bring their unique expertise to our community groups. Serving on InCommon committees is an excellent way to serve the community, broaden your professional network, and develop + hone leadership skills. We invite you to nominate people for membership, including self-nominations. The window for nominations closes on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, and new terms start in January 2022. To submit a nomination, please fill out the Advisory Committee form currently linked on our leadership website.

These are the committees seeking new members:

  • eduroam Advisory Committee (eAC), seeks 3 - 4 members

  • InCommon Steering Committee, seeks 3 members

  • Community Architecture Committee for Trust and Identity (CACTI), seeks 1 member

  • InCommon Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), seeks up to 6 members

  • Community Trust and Assurance Board (CTAB), seeks 3 members

______________

The eduroam Advisory Committee (eAC) is a committee which helps formulate strategies and practices for US and global research and education roaming networks, reports any findings, and makes recommendations to CACTI and Internet2, the eduroam-US operator. We are looking for volunteers across various constituencies that make up the eduroam-US community including regional partners, K-12 partners, research institutions, small colleges, etc. Review the eAC wiki space for more information. Contact  with questions about this new committee.

______________

The InCommon Steering Committee seeks engaged leaders who will help determine the strategy for InCommon and for the overall Trust and Identity area. We are looking for nominations for leaders in higher education IT, service providers, and research groups. The Steering Committee is elected to represent the broad range of InCommon Participants. For more information about InCommon’s mission, the role of the Steering Committee, and a current list of Steering Committee members, please visit our leadership site. Contact  with questions about this committee.

______________

The Community Architecture Committee for Trust and Identity (CACTI) seeks individuals whose experience and expertise together comprehend the range of T&I architectures and activities nationally and internationally and the range of constituencies that comprise the research and education sector. CACTI is a standing architecture strategy group of global community members. Learn more about CACTI, including the charter, current member list, and public meeting minutes, at the CACTI wiki space. The committee chair is .

______________

The InCommon Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) supports InCommon’s mission "to create and support a common framework for trustworthy shared management of access to online resources." The TAC works best when its members span a variety of perspectives, including (but not limited to): universities and colleges of all sorts and sizes; research organizations, traditional and virtual; regional R&E network providers; sponsored partners; trust and identity solution providers; and international partners.

The TAC seeks members with a necessary background of:

  • IAM and federation technologies including IdP and/or SP operations, or policy

  • Active participation in the education and research community (e.g. working groups, conference presentations, etc.)

  • Commitment to the mission of InCommon and the willingness and ability to participate fully in the activities of the TAC

Learn more at the TAC wiki space, which includes the group’s charter, current member list, work plan, and public meeting minutes. The committee chair is .

______________

The Community Trust and Assurance Board (CTAB) seeks additional members to continue support of Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation. CTAB’s duties include shepherding the community consensus, guiding InCommon’s trust programs, and leading dispute resolution when concerns about participants arise. Members will have a substantial and lasting impact on how InCommon enables the academic mission. CTAB needs members representing all of InCommon, including:

  • Universities and colleges, both large and small

  • Research and scholarly communities

  • Commercial service providers, both large and small

  • IT and IT security strategic leadership

  • IAM and information security operations

  • International perspective

  • Internal audit

Learn more about CTAB, including the charter, current member list, and public meeting minutes, at the CTAB wiki space. The committee chair is .

If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact the committee contacts listed above or , InCommon Community Success Manager.

We hope that you will consider joining one of our robust to and help us make a positive impact on the community. Many of the committee members will be around during CAMP Week, October 4 - 8. There is still time to register if you want to learn more and connect!

Submit a Nomination

Cheers,

Netta Caligari (she/her/hers)

InCommon Community Success Manager

Internet2

https://www.incommon.org/

  • InCommon Advisory Committee Nominations Now Open!, Jeanetta Caligari, 10/01/2021