idpaas - Regrets for IdPaaS call Monday; request for feedback on home institution guide

Subject: IdP as a Service Working Group

Regrets for IdPaaS call Monday; request for feedback on home institution guide

  • From: Mary McKee <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Regrets for IdPaaS call Monday; request for feedback on home institution guide
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 19:13:37 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=duke.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=duke.edu; dkim=pass header.d=duke.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=ub2ivvrZfgb6gCJc7joVjJ9OPcNOx4qb3tcLTBmNeJM=; b=O1CoLMWVw+fENu4pG8TG9dZNcqqhacLQfBQ55g0CEJk2aD4yzcm2IbzpkAXAKvNy+o8+/OkroM8AWFs+RQ5Ty79ynBKjC33V8OShsdhEfMVd4QIFXC8BBrF2v4rhF1X77Zt6rtyjKJiV+ryVGPARPDXOP9yUXBnMtKhkvQI4ofUAS1rdOX26pclscnax6zk5/eIYbo3obq62smUiunFlDqPAjMh0o5APOrHrHwsUe5bnzZfvuIGEK2ErQS/yAN29ZkG2EXa06muZySN478oBfsDu/gq4LyIwbF6pe0lvLF/F7kiMCbyzBWPiFWoqlthZXgQxpxVt3oduSCQdu/uyvw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=I4fTI3HPjuJyIYI+6qtrSnC6d6185fHZjyEuzW+humDz+2abHZC318qiheLLix9nRO+k5HzjVL1xu21l9R1S0uztNA7/+8QcHRel3RYUTOlESmc7y0ksCg4OvUWoSrp85jdp6icLhomwQGnsS51QBPyQ+7C4mV+Vb7v6ddmW9Ft9HbJczeswVq5AG1sm1mY/aVH8+cqMP3CqTZIVAC6eDnlJf1+YONBbzzyC8I4+80vY2lj2VOaD5bCLLI0H42q9GSt25z9IFOd/4imfWmICw4cRln9vLYeIIOBw1kwVrXkIdlRFqwEqMrf0k82NvPY7auvGQ644fdh3szIBh+0bLw==

Hi all,

I have a conflict on Monday and won't be able to join our IdPaaS working group call at 1pm ET; but wanted to share an alternate draft of the home institution adoption guide with hopes it can get on the agenda.

The purpose of the home institution adoption guide is to serve as a complement to the more technical resources being developed, illustrating how InCommon could make the process of choosing an IdPaaS provider more accessible for institutions.  Comments are welcomed on both the original guide, as well as the new version, which aims to walk institutions through three steps:
  1.   What use case/category of IdPaaS fits best with institutional goals.

  2.   What products within that category are known to InCommon as meeting standards.

  3.   Which differentiating features could help an institution select the best product for their community.
If time permits, I'd love if the group could discuss whether either of these formats (or something else) would be effective for helping institutions feel supported in the vendor selection process.  As we've had many discussions about how daunting this process can be, I'm hopeful that we can find a way to provide institutions with assurance on the more bewildering technical standards so they can focus on business needs.

Have a great weekend - I'll look forward to reading the minutes from Monday!
Mary

  • Regrets for IdPaaS call Monday; request for feedback on home institution guide, Mary McKee, 06/05/2020