idpaas - Sv: IdPaaS call today

Subject: IdP as a Service Working Group

Sv: IdPaaS call today

  • From: Pål Axelsson <>
  • To: Keith Hazelton <>, , Mary McKee <>
  • Subject: Sv: IdPaaS call today
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 19:35:19 +0200

Hi Keith,

I’m sorry that I couldn’t attend this evening but there is an interesting possibility to turn your thought upside down. You can build a IdPaaS on top of the IdPoLR and use a proxy service to add attributes for IdPaaS enabled users from an attribute and authorization repository and block other users.

In Sweden we’re working on this with our three building components; eduID.se as the IdPoLR, coManage as the repository and Satosa as the proxy. Later this year we’ll put this into a production pilot.

From this angle you can see IdPaaS as a IdPoLR Plus offering.

Pål Axelsson