idpaas - Survey progress and BaseCAMP preparations

Subject: IdP as a Service Working Group

Survey progress and BaseCAMP preparations

  • From: Mary McKee <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Survey progress and BaseCAMP preparations
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 14:18:08 +0000

Hi all,

E.J. and I met up this morning to resolve comments on the IdPaaS survey draft and make some other adjustments based on discussion in our last call.

Please feel free to review the latest - it is not too late to provide additional feedback:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BAqgNeZY7n72ZmHw7fNkw5AyySgLLIEgQ6CgOtrlATY/edit?usp=sharing

As next steps on the survey:

  1.  E.J. will be working on getting this converted into a Qualtrics survey.

  2. We will be soliciting your feedback on the more dynamic version of this survey and requesting your feedback.  It would be great if you could help us test this draft by running it past a colleague who represents our target audience (i.e., IT leaders influencing purchasing decisions), sharing any concerns or observations with this group ().

  3. We will run this survey draft by InCommon leadership for feedback, hoping for support to distribute and guidance about how best to reach our target audience.  We'll check in with the results of that discussion in case any major adjustments need to be discussed.

There is interest in covering IdPaaS progress at InCommon BaseCAMP in August, and I would love if we could have results of this survey in hand before that, as well as a summary of what the group has determined so far.  To facilitate that, E.J.  and I will be working on a document tying opinions expressed in this working group to the work products outlined in the charter  (https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/IDPAAS/IdP+as+a+Service+Working+Group+Charter) to help inform agendas for July 15 and July 29.

As always, we welcome your input about next steps.  Reach out anytime!
Mary