csp-2023 - [csp-2023] This Week at CSP - March 8, 2023

Subject: Collaboration Success Program 2023 - all participants

[csp-2023] This Week at CSP - March 8, 2023

  • From: Laura Paglione <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Jean Chorazyczewski <>, Sue Gavazzi <>
  • Subject: [csp-2023] This Week at CSP - March 8, 2023
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 05:08:26 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=1phjZrP7EF1zJwo8vgzq8FWkoXeTEDxyAq2qrWJRI7I=; b=H4Y+ZELh5bERfOHqdfNfC6t8wzj4L3fQpjnd/Z5WJzsLcS9oO3Aqko1FoLlztp/zxGU4w7MTaT/cHxfB7w/KRe7+zTFXwI1xXnJQ2gUP1TBT28i8VfsYZWzLi8Tm1ZbFBP9xEes5r5VnpUojcUtXz4mrhKQj1YcBVfGw8zvjwE3tqyWLZRq6L71IDRKZjzQuCu23wONf1MpYROufnMQC5F+TK4NRPwEJaQTWhMvw1uDRqP52xnjOUxe7uzUFoXeM4B61V1Th+U+43IyxPNYfZY/2oSOxh5flgAt5AW8SL7gnQos/+xTEfaUi6HiK5O3yfD9foJU9rpKh05qXdiRwqA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=Ay0mP0zTvFJJeW2nkGiIWZmdHA7Tr4ZoY3yspkCTiLZMriS7I4DmejD8gAuKvyJXkPeN1lwffli+4Vd75VobFFiPe/31rJxOGtqMm6co5mYrYTtIZ1Gnk1PP0n5hJ0Tya1+KuXc0niKZhEZT1ZIYBzNmJFx2n+wPwYd90z17RAD81duZ8YTJbSWTTQyXdgWVEHA54lLJ21VH9DrwQ/XUOjih3maQ9dwuIo3e/FSN+E/MrmUGna/cE2MjD2r+szjKu+x729ljAfbdCM2TP4b/hOY4xsPfv2B3BupvZEbUL0xZoCHpa5ghva0x2PV9idskjewk+AbxmPdI8YloDt9yBg==
  • Msip_labels:

This Week at CSP

March 8, 2022

Important Now

This week we have an “Explore the Components” panel discussion about midPoint (see below). We will leave the second half of the office hours unscheduled for your questions and topics. (If there is no further discussion, we will plan to end early.) We only have a few more weeks of programming; we continue to look for your suggestions and requests for speakers and topics.

What you should be thinking about right now:

  • SPRING TRAINING: Time is running out to register for training this spring. COmanage Registry and Match Training are in March and midPoint training is in April. Contact Sue at  or on Slack to find out your training credit balance.

  • INTRODUCTION REQUESTS: We continue to look for your requests to introduce you to the people and resources that you uniquely need to make your plans sing. Laura will be your first point of contact for these connections.

  • CHECK-IN CALLS: Many of you have reached out for introduction requests. For those who haven’t yet, we will be reaching out to schedule a check-in call to see how things are going. The purpose of these calls is for us to provide a forum for further exploring how you might leverage CSP resources to further your work. If we don’t contact you and you’d like to schedule a check-in call, please let Laura know or book a time using this link:
    https://calendly.com/laurapaglione/csp-check-in

Upcoming Dates

See more dates on the CSP 2022-23 Calendar.

Mar 9 - Office Hours + LAB  (90 min) (12:30 ET | 9:30 PT) - Explore the TAP Components: midPoint panel discussion | The second half we will have an open discussion.

Mar 16 - Office Hours  (60 min) (12:30 ET | 9:30 PT) - Explore the TAP Components: Grouper panel discussion

Mar 23 - Office Hours + LAB  (90 min) (12:30 ET | 9:30 PT) - Institution Use Case: UNCC SPEAKER: Lacey Vickery | Additional topic TBD

Mar 28-29 - COmanage Registry Training - Please coordinate with your team’s CSP lead for discount codes. REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  Mar 24

Mar 30 - COmanage Match Training - Please coordinate with your team’s CSP lead for discount codes. REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  Mar 24

Apr 5 - Team Leads Check-in (3:00 ET | 12:00 PT) - See below

Apr 25-28 - midPoint Training  - Please coordinate with your team’s CSP lead for discount codes. REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  Apr 18

About Explore the Components Panels

As CSP participants consider how to address their use cases, it is helpful to understand how peer institutions are using TAP components in their solutions, either as stand-alone tools, or as “gap fillers” to commercial products to address specific higher education use cases. The Explore the Components series makes an attempt to shine light on the challenges that each TAP component tool helps to address; how it fits together with other components and software; and what it takes to deploy, use, and support/maintain the component. You can read more about this series in this description document.

PANEL Speakers for Mar 9: midPoint

  • midPoint Architecture | development : Slavek Licehammer

  • midPoint deployment/ maintenance : Jim Lookabaugh

  • midPoint tool deployer / user : Jeremiah Haywood

  • Extending midPoint capabilities - Google Analytics connector : Richard Frovarp

Final Presentation Schedule

April will be here before we know it and with it, the final presentations for CSP. Below and online is the tentative schedule. (Please let Laura know ASAP if you have any conflicts)

  • April 20: Tufts | UC Santa Barbara

  • April 27: University of Illinois

  • May 4: UW | UNB

  • May 18: Winston-Salem | UVA

  • May 25: UMass Amherst | WCU

Useful links

SLACK

CSP MATERIALS

  • CSP in Canvas - central location for all info CSP. Will include slides and recordings from Kickoff, information about upcoming events, links to materials, and more…

  • CSP Office Hours Recordings, Materials, and Plans - Miss a week at office hours? Want to review a presentation that you saw? Looking for past “This Week at CSP editions”? Curious about what is planned for future Office Hours? This link has all that you seek.

ON DEMAND RESOURCES (registration required for some)

  • DevOps Self Paced Course - written and video resources to learn about DevOps. Suitable to non-experts. Registration; CSP2023-Only CODE: 16db42

  • BaseCAMP - Recordings and materials from InCommon BaseCAMP, an introductory workshop to all things IAM. Registration; CSP2023-Only CODE: a58f9f

  • IAM Online - InCommon’s mostly monthly webinar series that delivers interactive education on timely IAM topics. No registration needed.

  • Other Resources - We’ve compiled a list of other resources in the Learning Center in the CSP 2023 Canvas.

Leads Corner

Next Leads Meeting: Wed, Apr 5

PAST MEETINGS: Meeting recording and resources from past sessions are posted at the Leads Corner page in Canvas.

COURSE REGISTRATION LINKS AND CODES: These are pinned in the #csp2023-teamleads Slack channel.

  • [csp-2023] This Week at CSP - March 8, 2023, Laura Paglione, 03/09/2023