csp-2023 - [csp-2023] This Week at CSP - Sep 28, 2022

Subject: Collaboration Success Program 2023 - all participants

[csp-2023] This Week at CSP - Sep 28, 2022

  • From: Laura Paglione <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Sue Gavazzi <>
  • Subject: [csp-2023] This Week at CSP - Sep 28, 2022
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 01:51:02 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=YG4tefgMXBmEVCjK6hVB4sYkRtz+uGgrdrTwMpS+YX8=; b=M5C0QjYeBqGGgrojsSiAjZAFDsbWiwZcbz0hV5BNeDRB2Ght68v8TQf0cvKEF7bhiegdnccHFmP6t4pc3QrEEvxSC8TZAVcrUUV4luQUQGmjSn6NufKpdQGUW77jH4rXhOIoF0P642YZ8SuAog0pab3XrEoedc6n+E2HmLXyivWxtuUgSpcNqn62h2i3uvY7KItu5NSc/4WdKJsvqqcAIiKLsvSljH4faMda6or+Z+7Kq/08QPDiZlhG4kfyhAieAtMv5veVy6vMh+CzP7Dr74fiy8YFkpCKBVPPJMWq+1u1xl/amikWm6ZGpQpU/Yq9PlCc9LXgbZjr1AXNMMzVyw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=lWao7d29f86P6YcI/M91ITpByxxuuQI5QVTxqXeqH3V2h0W/qO/pch2HeQ44f9boX26KsiSr+lqG8LSThifEynK1YAErt3fXfvp3a+iVm1Ze4AY8MaCxYMWvhY/a5sP/9iSTpYWYNYvXa07TfRfr4Qy7CN1EA5Z5HzTm3NgUNYZj5wIbT94GdCNgLEmCs9P6l3GsZ8HF7GKu210ZoYKOSKvdWNTg03QpwLrAXQ4Jo25IZ171Z7aWouu0HizWOqVo7jM56QBCUXad14UmNQb3Pc4IcoEYS35TyMQ4Qk9WoKnvjGvaYrBTwwtkMUYUlY6R1SouqxbcheHSLH/5hMBl5g==
  • Msip_labels:

This Week at CSP

September 28, 2022

Important Now

Our first Office Hours meeting is tomorrow! We’ll use this time to review any lingering questions you have about the program, kick off our DevOps program, and continue the discussions we started during Kickoff.

  • TRAINING: If you are registering for classes, please check with your institution’s CSP lead about the 8 limited registration codes/institution.

  • BaseCAMP MATERIALS: If you haven’t already, register for the recordings and materials for BaseCAMP. For future Office Hours, there will be some prep work that you will need to do using this resource.
    Register at no charge with this csp2023-only code: a58f9f

  • TechEx: If you are going in person to TechEx Dec 5-9 in Denver, CO, please check with your institutions’ communication lead about the 2 limited registration codes/institution

  • OFFICE HOURS: You should have gotten meeting invites for our office hours. They are every week starting at 12:30 ET | 9:30 PT. Every other week our office hours will extend to 90 min to include a lab so that we can include speakers, and in-depth discussions. If you do not have this meeting on your calendar, please let Sue know at .

  • SELF-PACED WORK: Self-paced work begins this week. We’ll be making suggestions of things to review on your own. Usually this work can be completed in 90 min or less, and while it is optional, we don’t think you’ll be sorry that you invested the time. See the Upcoming Dates section for details.

Upcoming Dates

Sep 29 - Open Office Hours (60 min) (12:30 ET | 12:00 PT) - Your questions and a kickoff for anyone interested in participating in the DevOps Study Group.

Sep 30 - Oct 6 - Self-Paced Work: Grouper Background - Review the BaseCAMP recording and slides for Access and Grouping 101 before our next Office Hours. You will need to be registered for access to BaseCAMP materials - see the links in the “Important Now” section above to get started if needed.

Oct 3-7 - Shibboleth Training - Registration closes on Sep 30. Please coordinate with your team lead for discount codes.

Oct 6 - Open Office Hours + LAB (90 min) (12:30 ET | 12:00 PT) - Topic TBD.

Oct 13 - Open Office Hours (60 min) (12:30 ET | 12:00 PT) - Your questions and a kickoff for anyone interested in participating in the DevOps Study Group.

Oct 20 - Open Office Hours + LAB (90 min) (12:30 ET | 12:00 PT) - We will be hearing our first two Deep Dives with UC Santa Barbara and Tufts University

Oct 25-27 - COmanage Registry Training - Please coordinate with your team lead for discount codes.

Join the DevOps Study Group!

DevOps is a popular topic for CSP participants. The DevOps on-demand course provides background, advice, and talks about applying DevOps to the InCommon components.

Special for CSP: We have a CSP Study Group to provide some structure to this self-paced course, and we will supplement the discussion with access to subject matter experts and a dedicated Slack channel for CSP peer sharing. See the full schedule in Canvas. (You may register for the self-paced course without joining the optional study group.)

To get started:

>>> Register Here at no charge using the CSP-peers only code 16db42

For Oct 13 Study Group

Review the following items (registration required):

  • Introduction (10 min)

  • CI/CD (20 min)

  • Containers (20 min)

  • Infrastructure (20 min)

  • Adopting DevOps (20 min)

Optional: Topic Video - What is DevOps? (~90 min)

Useful links

SLACK

  • #csp2023-only Slack Channel (if you do not have access to this channel, please contact Sue at )

  • #csp-peers Slack Channel

  • Other Slack Channels
    Each of the InCommon Software components has a dedicated slack channel. Use this form to request access to one or more of them.

CSP MATERIALS

  • CSP in Canvas - central location for all info CSP. Will include slides and recordings from Kickoff, information about upcoming events, links to materials, and more…

  • CSP 2022-23 Calendar - You are welcome to take a look at the tentative calendar through December at this link. Please note that all events are subject to change.

Leads Corner

Next Leads Meeting: Wed, Oct 19

We’ll be chatting about our planning for the Executive Engagement call, and any other topics that are on your radar.

  • [csp-2023] This Week at CSP - Sep 28, 2022, Laura Paglione, 09/29/2022