basecamp2023planning - [basecamp2023planning] Recap + Homework Assignments

Subject: BaseCAMP 2023 Planning

[basecamp2023planning] Recap + Homework Assignments

  • From: Jean Chorazyczewski <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [basecamp2023planning] Recap + Homework Assignments
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 15:01:23 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=VS1l0i9lLVoB8GsPG4hyNzCzQUOHsbxVykSmM9le84k=; b=ClfMq8aTTU5Tswdxpq4WZ1YDTbahXLDk98vKEcOgY13TUHuVpHALDuQr54IX6Ue42wJB+zTT2XK2qAi4vreHZ7y+tPuEmvIgGlnoG8Eg9RXCC30KkUtilUt7uzfNH9xs8fgjlU5F/sfR/JEc+ftcdk3aG4yV0bISTzobreGkUESebYopMofOXukrFt7Y0yQilaLMdQFZZdpHZA69ZbGp/XBMkwPBQIYymnxOwWO9CNYH2XRvbqA+ynuUv4m8AmKN39ztI2T7AARO895SMrkmHBJqIzVGX+OT/xe0JJN5KC6vom8U80pL8aOp/te8O3EPlTiRi9mEa1Wb/ImwpONeow==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=a8oeAgwAiupnOpneYqz+ai73h2awqdhf/yICaVWDw1izfMFKmw7EwjrZJTosXoiShCqcisXy9R18bGMrlYVDTj964TQRxoCVy+Cn6ZYtn0w7Nl2l658uELOvmvsBwkOryWSOl3dzlD14BLWox3TOm9APXARIHiTdoYkNEqQJ5rvIK8txO/Knts0v2+Kg2ar8RnXn7VKHbWluu3swSsf1hCyCbDlaAKkIdeI592U/qH6eK4naYkuC/kT0Z2Sr/xvrH/rGHZWdLRhdKSZHqjFSSkyCyzixIJTUH94Adjg+qwsWmkVC6qE5GfvkEEV6Px+yrH9VgSoao6YH/hC8lYMbZw==

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your participation and attention in yesterday’s BaseCAMP planning meeting. With your great thoughts and suggestions, we solidified the program architecture! Please see Tab 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q0ByrgmDjpUQc0gFVKMnSO_WesVV3EKOBQyZR600jPE/edit?usp=sharing

Some highlights/decisions from our meeting:

  • We agreed that Day 2 can be focused context, concepts, and considerations within the IAM Present/Future, Requirements/Implementation, and TAP 101 sessions – so long as these sessions “fit in enough “breadcrumbs” to satisfy those component-specific folks.”
  • We agreed to adjust the time of the Lightning Talks to 20 minutes, especially for Days 3 & 4, to allow enough time for developers to cover 2 components and how they interact with community.
  • We agreed that Campfires could be shortened to accommodate this shift, knowing that their end time can go long if needed/interest.

Note: On Day 2, we are featuring a Lightning Talk on Certificates, which will be 10 minutes. Proposed Idea: The second 10 minutes can be an activity – Wall of Questions – participants can break to add their questions to a virtual wall that can be referenced throughout the week to ensure we address them in some way.  What do you think?

Homework Assignments: By next Monday…

  • We agreed to assign committee members to work on refining the Abstracts (Tab 2), noting that these abstracts help inform the speakers we solicit and what we wish for them to present.
  • Suggestion: For the component sessions, the “tell” session might be constructed with 20 minutes of concept/practice, 20 minutes of tech details, and 10 minutes & Q&A. The “show” session might focus on showing a principle in practice.)
  • Assignments: (some we discussed, some new)
  • Tom – Identity Management Overview, Part 1 & 2
  • Tom & Ken – IAM Present & Future, Gathering Requirements & Implementing IAM Initiatives
  • Ken – The Power of Community
  • Grady – Authentication: Both sessions
  • Grady – Working with Service Providers
  • Beth – Federation
  • Beth or ?? – InCommon Catalysts, DevOps, IdPaas
  • Ercan – Identity Registry: Both sessions
  • Ercan & Grady – Case Study Showcase (reference the CSP framework as a model)
  • Ben – Access Management: Both sessions
  • Ben – Provisioning: Both sessions

Let me know if this works!

_______

Jean Chorazyczewski | Director, InCommon Academy

Internet2

Email:

Mobile: +1-734-223-2847

  • [basecamp2023planning] Recap + Homework Assignments, Jean Chorazyczewski, 03/14/2023